Monday 1 June 2009

Degree Show Finale

The week of viewing has finished and I just wanted to write some thoughts about it.

Why 4o'clock closing, we could have had one late night until 8/9 o'clock and had free York St John wine! Yeay!!

Only a week?

When I first put my exhibition up it felt like it was uncomfortably sat at the edge of a sofa...

But after going in everyday and seeing it, getting used to it and seeing it in a different way each day, documenting it and writing some notes it now feels it's sat back comfortably. So comfortable it doesn't want to move...

Even though I feel it sits comfortably were it is I also feel that there is so much more that can be done with it. If I had a bigger space, smaller space, a different space what could it look like? I know a different space wouldn't hold this exhibition in the same way that Studio one has but a new space would have new characteristics that I could play with and manipulate.
Whilst viewing my exhibition thoughts of floor came into my head. Ripping up floor boards, half tearing them, bending them, use them as a sculptural material. That's if they were wooden floor boards. Looking at my exhibition I also feel that I could have done so much more with the fine black elastic that I used. But too much would have turned it into silly maze. Maybe...
And for now those hooks. The hooks in the ceiling. How I love those hooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment