Sunday 6 December 2009

Studio Experiments...







Just a few examples of small experiments. I have been playing around with materials I have been collecting over the past few weeks, plastic pots, red netting. These are just starting points. I intend to develop into drawings/collages. I am interested in the role photography seems to play in my working process. Take the forms from 3d to 2d, then they get incorporated to other works... Do I position intentionally for photograph? Not that I am aware of. But I do have an affinity for ones that have a 'drawn quality' when photographed.
I want the forms to look uncomfortable, feel uncomfortable in my new drawings. See Tatiana Trouve and Eva Hesse for form. Formless forms in an architectural setting. An intruder, not right...

No comments:

Post a Comment